Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Anyone want some bike equipment?

We finally decided that it was time to do something with all of Jason's biking equipment, so, before I deal with Craigslist, I thought I'd check to see if any of our friends could use it all.  So, here's what we've got...

  • Thule Bike Travel Box (like this http://www.amazon.com/Thule-699-Round-Bicycle-Travel/dp/B0018THWX0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320776503&sr=8-1)
  • Topeak Bicycle Repair Stand
  • A Variety of Bike Jerseys (sizes L and XL) 
  • Variety of Bike Tools (I don't know what most of them are, but I imagine you can do things like change tires and mess with the chains...I'm not quite an authority on bikes)
You can have what you'd like, but if you want one of the bigger items (bike box or stand), you'd need to be able to come to Fremont to pick it up.

I've asked Jason is he misses biking a number of times since the accident.  I won't quote him exactly, because it's not appropriate language for a family-friendly blog :)  But, the gist is that, while he misses the ability to go bike riding, he does not miss the bike, since that's what put him in the chair.  Even if he regains the ability to bike, he won't be needing any of this stuff-it's for fairly serious riders and, at best, we'll be a family that owns a couple of Schwinns and goes riding around the lake.  

If you'd like something, send me an email at ashley.leyba@gmail.com by the end of the weekend.  Otherwise, craigslist it is.  

I'll be back more tomorrow with a monthly progress report (we're at 4 months post-accident and there have been some exciting developments!)

Love you all, 

Ashley  

No comments:

Post a Comment