It seems like it has taken forever to get to this point with the braces...now, I feel like I can say with some confidence that Jason will have braces by the end of the month! Here's a timeline of the braces' saga:
- December 2011: Doctor agrees to send Jason to PT for braces evaluation once he is 6 months post-injury
- January 9, 2012: 6 months post accident
- Early February: Meet with doctor again, get referral
- Mid-February: PT Evaluation, Jason passes!
- MId-February-Early April: Doctor signs off on prescription, prescription goes to orthotics company, insurance approves (this was supposed to only take 2 weeks)
- May 1: Casting
So, yeah, this has taken a while, but patience pays off in the end!
A few other things in the works:
- Jason will get to use the eLegs again on Friday!
- We've begun the DMV process....hopefully, Jason will have a driver's license again soon :)
- Still finalizing our timeline for the east coast trip. I'll post all the dates soon, so that we can make arrangements to see all our east coast friends and family!
Love you all,